I want to wish you and your family a happy, HEALTHY, and joyous Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa and Festivus, or, “Chanamaskwanzivus.” Say it. It’s fun.
When I woke up this morning, I just couldn’t take it, so I donated another CHAI to the campaign, just so I could reach this amazing $12K milestone and raise money for the ORT STEM program at the de Gunzburg School in St. Petersburg.
In honor of Chanamaskwanzivus, I hope that you, your loved ones, anyone you meet at Trader Joe’s or Target as you feverishly shop, (P.S. I need butter, so if you’re already at the store…), will with your own special brand of holiday cheer, tell someone else about this campaign. You may be thinking,
“Why in the hell would I do that? I’m already stressed out about the holidays, my angry Aunt Berenice is coming over in three hours, and I have a bout of eczema on my left lower leg. Now, I’m going to ask for money for a stranger from a stranger?”
Okay… Here’s why:
- It helps children who don’t have the opportunities for education that you and I have.
- It helps create a human touch for Russia and the people, (ESPECIALLY disadvantaged youth, deserve it!) Everyone is talking about Putin, but he’s just one guy. This doesn’t mean that these kids don’t need help from us. They need it now even more than they did before all of the Putin hoopla!
- One of these kids might ultimately be the one that cures a major disease and all due to the innovative STEM education they received thanks to generous donors like you.
- It will help you to stop stressing about stuff like not having enough butter to bake cookies.
- You love me or you like something about my core values, because you know my heart is in exactly the right place.
- The stranger might be your future spouse. Oh wait. You’re already married? Okay, the stranger might be MY future spouse!
- This ORT Program is the anchor in the FSU for Jewish continuity.
- It feels so good to give. Hey, what about your angry Aunt Berenice? I know for sure she hasn’t thrown me 18 bucks.
- Aunt Berenice will so appreciate the 2016 tax benefit from donating, she’ll help you wash dishes after dinner.
- Philanthropy is holy.
Thank you for all you do, all you are and again,
Love and peace,